Monday, January 09, 2006

New term!


Why does the new term make me wish for new notebooks full of empty sheets of paper ready to be filled with my class notes? Even though I don't start back to grad school until January 23rd, I am anxious to get going. I paranoically checked my textbook list to make sure I had the right ones ($300 worth!!) and then thumbed through them to get an idea of what was in store. Until the syllabi are posted, it is a guess. Like our students, I am trying to squeeze lots of fun activities into the time I have left, knowing that when the curtain falls on the vacation, a different energy is required. I hope our students feel engaged in their term they are starting today. I love the increase in traffic here in the ERC. Coffee bar begins tomorrow!!!! Yippee!

No comments: